Call for Late-Breaking Abstracts
The 6th ISPAH Organizing Committee invites authors to submit abstracts for presentation within any of the conference sub-themes. Submissions are sought for poster presentation only. General details of these sessions are outlined below:
Late Breaking Poster Presentations: will run on one of two daily sessions, either on 17th November or 18th November, 2016. Abstracts will be included in the Conference program
Each poster session provides an opportunity for delegates to view the work and meet the authors throughout the day, especially during the morning or afternoon breaks, lunch, and afternoon poster/networking session (around 5:00-6:00PM).
KEY DATES FOR Late-Breaking Abstracts
- Abstract submissions open 1 August 2016
- Abstract submissions close 15 August 2016
- Notification of accepted abstracts by 25 August 2016
- Speaker acceptance and Congress registration deadline 7 September 2016*
*unless extension granted for travel approval process
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINE
Abstracts should be up to 300 words, written in English,and must state the main issue addressed while explaining its relevance and application to the Congress’s key theme. Abstracts should contain information relating to the following:
- Key words
ABSTRACT ASSESSMENT PROCESS AND CRITERIA
Abstract Assessment Process
- Abstracts will be reviewed by the 6th ISPAH Global Scientific Programme Committee.
- Acceptance of an Abstract will be based on the assessment criteria outlined below.
- The 6th ISPAH Global Scientific Programme Committee reserves the right to reject abstracts according to the Abstract Rejection Criteria.
- Notification of accepted abstracts will be sent to the Authors on 25 August 2016
- Presentation schedule and Presentation guidelines will be sent (or uploaded to the Congress Website) on 15 September 2016.
Abstract Assessment Criteria
The criteria for evaluating abstracts include, but are not limited to, the following:
- New information being presented
- Clarity of the Abstract
- Scientific merit
- Relevance of the information to practice and/or policy
- Relevance and contribution to the Congress’ key theme and sub-themes
- Interest to the audience
PRESENTER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- An abstract which has been previously published or presented at a national, regional and international meeting can only be submitted provided that there are new methods, new findings, updated information or other valid reasons for submitting that can be provided by author as per the Congress’ Resubmission Policy.
- Accepted presenters must register for the Congress by 7 September 2016.
- Presentation Schedule and Presentation guidelines will be sent together on 15 September 2016. Changes to the presentation schedule cannot be made.
- All presentations will be required to include a declaration, stating any conflicts of interest. This requirement has been introduced to align the ISPAH Congress and the Society with best practice and transparency. Further details of this new requirement will become available on the ISPAH 2016 Congress website and a slide template for disclosures will be provided for use in oral presentations. Poster presentations will be requested to include a disclosure statement.
- All accepted abstracts are assigned for each daily poster presentation at the discretion of the 6th ISPAH Global Scientific Programme Committee.
- Full text of all abstracts accepted for presentation and publication will be available on the 6th ISPAH Website or in printed publication or other collective works as per the Congress’ Copyright Policy.
How To Submit
If you have any question or comment, please contact the organizing committee: