The International Society for Physical Activity and Health (ISPAH), custodian of the International Congress on Physical Activity and Public Health, is a non-profit corporation founded in 2008 in the state of Illinois, United States of America, governed by a 12 member board of governors. It is a society of individual members, which include professionals and students, sharing a common interest in progressing the science and practice of physical activity and health.
The mission of ISPAH is to advance health through the scientific study and promotion of physical activity.
The goals of the Society are to:
- Provide a focused international forum and professional organizational home for researchers and practitioners interested in physical activity and health.
- Promote professional development of members through educational activities relevant to physical activity and health.
- Facilitate communication and understanding among international organizations and specialties with interests in, or responsibilities for, physical activity and health.
- Promote and improve the effectiveness of science in advancing the understanding and promotion of physical activity for health.
- Advocate for research funding and policies (legislative and non-legislative) that can improve opportunities and environments for physical activity throughout the world.
For more information about ISPAH and its activities please click here (www.ispah.org).